As a Certified Health Coach and personal cook, I use hemp milk and protein powders in many of my baking recipes. I prefer hemp products over dairy and all-purpose flour because hemp is higher in protein. Hemp is also non GMO, unrefined and has a healthy balance of anti-inflammatory Omega 3s, 6s, and 9s. This muffin recipe is popular with fitness enthusiasts and healthconscious individuals because of the high protein, anti-inflammatory properties of the hemp. Walnuts are also an anti-inflammatory food which makes these muffins a delicious and nutritious treat!
Chocolate Hemp Oat Muffins
- 1 1/4 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 1/4 cups Tempt Chocolate Hempmilk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Tempt Hemp Protein Powder
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine oats and milk and allow to stand for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Grease each cup of one 12-cup muffin tin.
- Stir egg, applesauce, brown sugar, walnuts into the oat and milk mixture.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add oat mixture to flour mixture, stirring until just moist. Fill each cup of one 12-cup muffin tin 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes.