Hemp is a completely different plant than its psychoactive cousin marijuna. Hemp has no drug value and contains less than 0.00% THC. Hemp is so nutritious that it is rapidly gaining popularity as one of the most valuable sources of quality plant-based protein. It’s a rich source of Omegas, amino acids, vitamins and minerals, making it an ideal alternative for vegetarians and anyone with allergies to soy and dairy.
Hemp food products are, now more than ever, facing a growing demand by US consumers. After the Controlled Substances Act was passed in 1970, industrial hemp was unfortunately grouped with marijuana and deemed illegal to grow in the US. All hemp used in Tempt products is currently grown in Manitoba, Canada. Learn more at votehemp.com or sign up on our Facebook page to get news about how you can get involved.
Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids are considered super omegas. Tempt hemp products contain up to 56% of your daily value of Omega-3 essential fatty acids in a single serving – Wow!
Once opened, Tempt Hempmilk should always be refrigerated and will remain fresh for approximately 10 days.
Well, we start with hemp seeds. Hemp seeds are the edible part of the industrial hemp plant (Cannabis sativa). These tiny, round seeds have a light nutty flavor and are about the size of a sesame seed. Shelled hemp seeds can be pressed for hemp oil, milled into hemp protein powder, or made into numerous other hemp food products.
The major components of fat are long-chain molecules known as fatty acids. The two fatty acids that the body does not make are called Omega-3 Linolenic Acid and Omega-6 Linoleic Acid. We need to get these “good fats” from food, which is why they are termed essential. Tempt hemp products provide a naturally occurring perfect balance of 1:3 Omega-3 to Omega-6 which is vital for normal growth and development, in particular skin and heart health.
Amino Acids are the building blocks of protein. Dietary protein is needed in order to supply amino acids for our body’s growth and maintenance. Ten of the twenty amino acids the human body requires are considered essential, meaning the body does not make them so we must get them from food. Hemp seeds contain an impressive profile of all 10 essential amino, important for the development of lean body mass, as well as muscular repair. Hemp seeds have significant levels of arginine, histidine, methionine and cysteine, all of which are needed for enzyme production. Arginine and histidine are also necessary for children’s growth.

Hemp seeds are also one of the plant kingdom’s best sources of easily digestible, high-quality protein. Proteins are among the body’s most essential nutrients, helping build and repair tissue and build lean muscle mass. 65% of hemp seeds’ protein is high-quality edestin protein, making them the highest vegan source of this simple protein that’s required for proper immune system function. The other 35% is albumin protein. With live enzymes intact, hemp’s digestible proteins are easily assimilated into the body. Hemp protein is also a great alternative if you’re allergic to the proteins found in dairy and soy.

Yes. We use Tetra Pak cartons, made from paper that comes from responsibly sourced, well-managed forests. Worldwide, over 22 billion Tetra Pak cartons are recycled annually. To find out if Tetra Pak is available for curbside recycling near you, visit recyclecartons.com or tetrapakusa.com.